Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2015

ANZAC Memorial - World War 1

Every year there is a event on the 25th of April(ANZAC Day). This is a special year because it's been 100 years since the world war 1. It is all about the soldiers who fought for our country.  At the front of the museum there is a big stone which is called Cenotaph. ‘Lest we forget’. ANZAC is an acronym, ANZAC is short for Australia, New Zealand, Army, Corps.

As I sat and pondered about the soldiers who fought in the war.
It must’ve been a lot of yelling, screaming, shooting, blood, death, panicking and a lot bravery. While I was looking out on the small field which had thirty crosses on them. It was quite emotional because there was a lot of people who sacrificed their lives for our country.

Its a travesty to see your dad or a friend to die in battle and its bit harsh to see kids out a dad. I would be miserable and grateful if my great great great grandparents were in the war because I would be sad because he might’ve died in the war and I would be grateful for sacrificing his life for us. I felt a little shocked because of all those distraught families who were waiting for five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.