Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

Swimming Lessons

Desperately waiting for the lunchtime bell. I raced back to our class to get my swimming shorts. Nervously tying my shoelaces I stood up and pranced into the line. “Hurry!” I shouted. Without delay, I trudged to the aquatic centre. When we got to the pools, I was very nervous and shy. My palms were sweaty, my hands were shaking and my stomach was churning. “Remember, we are not here by ourselves, this is a public pool so remember to not be silly. Plus we are here to have swimming lessons not to muck around.” reported Mrs Nua.

Walking into the pools, I smelt the chlorine/chemicals. Hastily walking into the changing rooms, I saw a lot of people paddling, back stroking, freestyling. When I got into the changing rooms, I promptly put on my swimming shorts. Without hesitation I carefully sprinted out of the changing rooms. Strolling on the slippery surface I get into the piercing water for three seconds. I rapidly went out of the biting water and sat on the green hard bench.

When I sat down, our instructor ‘Jackie’, was waiting for the rest of us. Just then everyone came, our instructor Jackie was  going to test our swimming progress. I was one of the first ones to swim. We had to swim with the boards. Most of us were not good with boards. In the end, Jackie put us in our groups. I was in group 2, but then Jackie said “There are too many in group 2”. So, Jackie moved four or five people into group 1 including myself

At the end, group 1 went into their pool and group 2 had to stay. Our instructor was Mrs Nua and group 2 was Jackie. In the end we went back to the changing rooms and got into our school uniform. Once we were all finished, we ran back to school in the biting slammering rain.

1 comment:

Vela Matagitau said...

very good writing sounded so matured and sophisticated. Very impressed!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.