Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

Tortoise And The Hare

“Hi my name is Tyrese the Grass Eater,”  “And it is for a very good reason because I have a big mouth, and I LOVE to eat grass.”

But, there’s this Hare that I hate. His name is Fasty, as he has long ears, short legs, and thinks he’s the animal of all time.

Did you know that I love to race? When Fasty was teasing my, my friend Miss Troxy Foxy hopped out of the meadow. After wiggling his tail and scratching all the flea bites, she said, “ Did you know tortoise hibernate in the winter?”

“Hiber-wha!?” replied Fasty. “Hibernate.” Miss Troxy Foxy replied It means that he has to go to sleep for the whole of winter. Then the Fasty said “What, he must be laziest animal alive then.” When Fasty was talking I was just chewing my grass.

But Miss Troxy Foxy is a big know it all because he told Fasty that he laid a bet that Tyrese Grass Eater can beat you in a race. “He hardly sprints at all.”replied Fasty “ But in a proper race over a long distance down the road and back.” said Miss Troxy Foxy.

At last Miss Troxy Foxy called out “Ready,Steady, Go.” Fasty hung a moment to see Tyrese lumber off the starting line. Fasty got bored because it took too long so he shot off to the hill. He was like flying through the air so fast the hill was so far he couldn't get there in a moment. His top speed was one mile per week.

When he crossed three fields he finally he got there. But when he got there his feet felt less springy than usual. He looked another look back and he saw that the tortoise was halfway across the fields. Then he decided to have a breath and a bit of a chuckle because how did the fox ever think that the old cabbage head could beat me. Doesn’t he know my name is Fasty.
Then he said “In Fact, just to show him how confident I am,” He decided just to sit down. And then he said “ When he gets close i'll dash off like a cheetah.” He stretched and chewed on a long piece of juicy grass.

And then there were grasshoppers were singing and the breeze was rustling ever so gently in the tree. Soon he was dreaming of victory.

It was almost dark and when I got back to the farm gates and the finish line.The cows had gone off to be milked, and only the fox, the badger, and the rat were waiting for me.

“Hello Guys,” said Fasty. “What's my prize.” “What's your prize?” said Badger. “You’re prize is we are working for the fox for the month.

You’ve let us down. You should be named Old Lazy. You got beaten by a 125 year old turtle. “Thank you Fasty,” said Miss Troxy Foxy. “You’ve proved me right.”

Then Fasty said “But im still the fastest animal.”

And that was the story I told to Fasty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.