Pages

Thursday 19 July 2012

Olympic Symbols



This term our inquiry topic is the Olympic Games. We will be taking a close look at the London games and also uncovering some of the amazing stories of the Olympics, both past and present.


The olympic symbol better  known as the olympic rings they represent the unity of the five inhabited continents (Africa, Asia, America, Australasia,Europe). The coloured version of the blue, yellow, black, green and red and the white background forms the olympic flag. Every country had at least one colour of the symbols on their nation’s flag. The flag was created in 1914 and first raised in 1920.

1 comment:

Shalom said...

Hi Faaiua,

I really liked the way you described the Olympic rings and why it's on the Olympic Flag. I took at look at your blog and I liked your blog posts about the Olympics. I did not know that the Olympic Flag was made in 1914 and raised in 1920. You gave me more facts about the flag. Do you know who organized the Olympics. Well that's it for now. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see more. Bye.

From your friend Shalom.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.